3243 Golf Course Road
PO Box 714
Rhinelander WI 54501
Who We Are
What We Do
FISTA provides safety training and education to workers in forestry-related industries to:
- Decrease the number and severity of logging related accidents
- Improve productivity and professionalism
- Promote awareness and practice of environmentally sound principles
FISTA's focus, however, is not limited to the forest industry. We are most well known for our hands-on Chain Saw Safety Training Program. This program can be conducted in any location across the country and tailored to meet your organizations specific needs. We provide training for a wide variety of groups including utility companies, landowners, highway departments, recreational organizations, correctional facilities, conservation districts, municipalities, loggers, foresters, and more.
In Wisconsin, FISTA provides training and education for forest industry personnel and maintains a database of these individuals for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®).
All SFI® training is conducted in accordance with the annual SFI® Training Standard. In Wisconsin this training includes Best Management Practices (BMP's) for Water Quality and Invasive Species as well as annual Continuing Education requirements.
Produce forestry and arboricultural safety training materials and maintain a strong working relationship with many organizations such as:
- Great Lakes Timber Professionals Association (GLTPA)
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR)
- SFI® State Implementation Committee (SIC)
- and many others